Friday, September 11, 2009

I don't think I can stress how beautiful LA is.
The weather is perfect. It gets warm with no humidity. At night it's cool. I love this place. I feel like I've been transported to a resort for communication nerds.

I've secure my internship. I am happy to report that I will be interning at Radical Media, like I had hoped. They are out in Santa Monica, which is the only downside (SM is 40 minutes-80 minutes from here depending on the traffic), but on the upside SM is beautiful - right on the water. The place itself is a dream - huge warehouse turned into office, an actual post-production suite in-house (most places a. ship their stuff to post houses to be finished and b. don't do any of the editing themselves; RM edits their own stuff from start to finish), and I basically am allowed to get my hands dirty in whatever I want. They have their own espresso bar, for Christ's sake. The woman who interviewed me was very personable and enthusiastic and consequentially lived in Colts Neck for a time, which is the town next to me.

I'm calling back this afternoon to set up my schedule there. I am thinking of dropping one of my courses and making my internship 8 credits instead of 4 so I can spend more time at RM and less time doing menial coursework. Besides, I really don't need writing classes in one semester, now do I?

Finally, I think I've gotten myself onto West Coast time. Last night a few of us were going to go out to a club. We went to the pool, had some drinks, tanned, came back, I cooked dinner, and then we all laid down for a few minutes. This was around 7pm. When I woke up, it was 7:30am. Oops?

We have a lot of big plans here. Trips to San Francisco and Las Vegas are already in the works. Looks like Santa Monica beaches are going to be a frequent weekend deal. I'm working on securing a job - it looks like it's going to be at Starbucks. Please don't judge me.

Anyway, I'm going to end this post here because I'm going to go run around Burbank and most likely get myself lost.

1 comment:

  1. it's okay, i might end up at st*rbucks too. it's not selling out when it's a necessity, right?

    -cassandra

    ReplyDelete