Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Many things to discuss!

Hello interfriends! Sorry it's been so long since I updated - I've been incredibly busy!

Things are starting to fall into place out here, and everything is coming together. Lets move piece by piece.

Radical Media is proving to be the best decision I've made in my life. I absolutely love my internship. I get to do some really interesting things there, including visual presentations and research for Dave Meyers, shoots, and script coverage. We start a new commercial this week, so I get to spend some days on set. Being down in Santa Monica is incredible - the weather is perfect, every day. I want to move there if/when I return to Cali post-graduation.

Classes are going really well. My peers in my Feature Film Workshop class are brilliant - everything is fresh, new and frankly, hilarious. I know making me laugh is about as difficult as breathing, but I wasn't the only one cracking up. Every time I go, I look forward to being able to workshop some really excellent writing as well as really improve my own screenplay (which, for those of you who knew about it, has been completely revamped!).

I've gotten myself on a pretty regular work-out schedule here, and I've joined the NBC-Universal slow pitch softball team. That has been a total blast. They like to call me "Rockstar" since the first time I played with them, it was helping them in a pinch, and I played in Cons. It's been great seeing Hartman every week, and I finally saw Heather Drobiarz for the first time in about 2 years!!

Every Sunday, I diligently march down to Timmy Nolan's, the best bar on the planet, to watch my Jets. It's been a great 3-0 start, and I've met some crazy and wonderful people. There's Frankie Gabagool, our fearless leader, Mikey the Jew, Brookline Clive, Mike Coffee, Paulie Chopsticks, Sunshine, Matty Shamrocks, Chef Alex (for those of you who watched Top Chef NY, the one and the same), Mike Cool, Fox, Ty the Model, Jackie Jets, and of course, the Goodfella, Henry Hill. It's like another family out here - they take the best care of me and I have officially been renamed Jersey, and the corner of the bar I sit in every morning is "Jersey's Corner". Also, Ruthie our bartender is an angel straight from Ireland; she buys me far too many drinks.

So, all in all, LA is a total dream. I'm networking my butt off, and managing to go out here and there. We went out to Happy Endings, a bar in Hollywood, last Saturday. That was a great time. In-and-Out Double Double Protein Style is probably the best 1am dinner of all time. Again, Andrea Kosek - thanks for being the DD. I have this Saturday for you all. Plus, this Friday, the one and only Catie McDonough is trekking across the state lines for an LA ECSB reunion. I am so excited!!!! Now only if someone would hire me for a part-time job, things would be perfect.

I'm going to finish my script coverage and some other intern work, and then work at my screenplay. I miss you all!


Love Always,
Nik

2 comments:

  1. Hey Nikki!! Glad to see you're enjoying LA.. i'm craving a burger from that place right now. No one makes em like In-n-out, although Five Guys is pretty delicious. Caught any d-listers in the hottub @ oakwoods yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not yet, but there are plenty of child actors running around being little brats! I have met Henry Hill of Goodfellas though, and I saw Ron Howard at my internship yesterday. Wild!

    ReplyDelete